Understanding your own mind
The route of all insecurity stems from your own mind. Insecurity might be implanted in the minds' of many individuals by negative influences in their life, but ultimately it's up to each individual person to decide whether they let that influence their lives.
1. Think about all the negative people in your childhood
2. Think about what motives they have for giving your commentary
3. Develop an ideal that you think you represent
4. Attempt to become that ideal
5. If those same people criticize you for change, make a judgement on their agenda
Often times personal development may be stunted by a parent or caretaker. This can either be due to the caretaker's insecurities, or possibly simply a foul attitude. No matter the situation, it is your duty to rise above what you feel are your own limitations.